Please Note: The Current Unit In Stock Frame Color: White
Product Description: Life Fitness Pro Series SM22 Dual Adjustable Pulley Functional Trainer Cable Crossover is one of the most versatile machines in the gym. The
Dual Adjustable Pulley has two adjustable pulleys positioned 53” (134 cm) apart to accommodate an infinite number of exercises. By adjusting a lever, each weight stack can be configured to allow either one quarter
or one half resistance. The space between pulleys easily accommodates most benches and wheelchairs. Exercises performed are the same as on a multijungle with the addition of bench press exercises.
• Pulleys adjust from 8” (20 cm) to 84” (212 cm) high in 4” increments.
• An adjustment below the weight stack allows users to select ½ or ¼ of the resistance of the weight indicated on the stack.
• With ¼ resistance selected and an increment weight, a user can select as little as 2 ½ lbs of resistance or as much as 47 ½ lbs of resistance in 1 ¼ lb increments. By switching to ½ resistance, users can select from 5 lbs to 97.5 lbs of resistance in 2 ½ lb incre ments.
• Crossover handles, ankle strap and increment weight.
• Handles positioned above the user and between adjustable pulleys to accommodate pull-up exercises.
1. Frame Construction
• Frame is constructed of U.S. made mechanical quality steel purchased in mill run quantities.
Frame is primarily 2" square tubing with 11 gauge wall thickness.
Different tubing sizes and wall thickness shall be used as required
through engineering stress analysis.
• Frames are fully welded (not
bolt together) for maximum structural integrity and minimum maintenance
when possible. However, larger machines have a bolt-together
configuration to facilitate movement through smaller doorways and
2. Weight Selection
Weights are selected by using a 7/16” selector pin, which completely
penetrates the weight plate and locks in place to eliminate any chance
of disengaging during use.
• The selector pin is connected to the top weight to eliminate loss or substitution of substandard pins.
3. Weight Plates
• Machined from solid, 1” thick steel. Finish is wrinkle black powder coat.
4. Weight Plate Bushings
Each plate (not just the top weight) will contain low friction
bushings, which surround the guide rods to minimize friction and noise.
5. Top Weight Bushings
• The top weight
bushings shall float within the top weight utilizing rubber o-rings to
assure ideal alignment with the guide rods.
• The bushings are self-lubricating in order that the guide rods will not require lubrication.
6. Weight Stack Guide Rods
• Guide rods are 3/4” cold-drawn steel, turned ground and polished with hard chrome finish.
7. Weight Stack Suspension
• Durable rubber bumpers are suspended under each stack to reduce shock and vibration stresses to the frame and facility floor.
8. Weight Selection Shaft
• The shaft is constructed of stainless steel and precision drilled for accurate pin selection.
9. Weight Transport
7 x 19 construction, 3/16” galvanized steel, lubricated, nylon-coated
aircraft cable with breaking strength rated at over 4000 pounds.
10. Cable Adjustment
• All cables can be adjusted at the top weight utilizing a standard 7/8” open-end wrench.
11. Weight Stack Guards
All weight stacks are guarded on the back side to prevent bystanders
from inadvertent contact with the weight stack during use.
All pulleys are at least 4 -1/4” working diameter fiberglass
impregnated nylon with precision fit cable groove and double sealed
13. Pulley Covers
• As a
safety precaution, all pulleys are covered to minimize the danger of a
moving pulley catching a person’s finger or clothes.
All cams are laser cut steel and individually designed for each unit to
match the appropriate muscle strength capability curve.
15. Counter Balanced Input Arms
arms on equipment are counter balanced where appropriate to eliminate
the weight of the assembly from the weight selected by the user.
16. Radial Bearings
Radial bearings are pillow block bearing with basic radial load rating
of over 2000 pounds. Pillow block bearings allow shaft to self-align as
well as rotate, which results in smooth and friction free movement.
17. Linear Bearings
• Linear bearings are packed with grease at the factory and sealed with synthetic rubber and steel seals.
Bearing plates are rolled from high quality bearing steel hardened to
Rockwell 60C. Bearing balls are chromed steel hardened to Rockwell 60C.
• The bearings feature ball conforming grooves, axial compliance, and self-alignment capability.
• All Linear bearing machines run on Thompson 60 Case Class L shafts or equivalent.
• All hardware is grade 5, grade 8, or stainless steel.
20. Hand grips
Hand grips are an extruded 60 durometer thermorubber compound that is
non-absorbing, wear and tear resistant, and exhibits good dry and wet
• The grips shall be retained to the
machine through the use of aluminum collars thereby eliminating the
tendency of the grip to slide off the machine.
21. Seat Adjustments
Numerically engraved seat and pad adjustments correctly align body to
machine for proper posture, muscle isolation and body stabilization.
• Adjusting posts are stainless steel for superior life and corrosion resistance.
All tube in tube sliding parts are lined with UHMW plastic in order
that the friction and wear between the parts is reduced and the seats
are thereby easier to adjust.
22. Foot Platforms
• All foot platforms are diamond plate, finished with a slip resistant wrinkle black powder coat finish.
23. Instructional Placard
• Placards provide step-by-step instructions as well as pictures to illustrate proper use and muscles trained.
24. Equipment Anchoring
All machines have holes in the feet which allow for easy anchoring to
the floor. Life Fitness recommends that all machines be anchored to the
floor to minimize the possibility that they will be tipped
Upper body exercises:
Deltoids-cable side lats, front cable raises
Biceps-cable curls, pullups
Back-lat pulldown, bent over rows
Abdominals-hanging frog kicks, rope-and-cable crunches
||60" x 42" x 90" (152cm x 106cm x 227cm)
||190 lbs. x2 (95 kg. x 2)
||810 lbs. (368 kg.)
||90 Days Parts Warranty